Here’s a tasty, seasonal dish which is light on the waistline but heavy on flavor.
4 cups cooked cubed free-range chicken (turkey or pork can also be used)
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped organic raisins or currants
1/2 cup diced celery
1 1/2 cups diced, unpeeled organic apples
1/4 cup organic butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. Sucanat or brown sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1 1/2 cups free-range chicken broth
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Spring onions, diced, for garnish
1. Heat butter in skillet, add onions and cook until transparent.
2. Add apples and raisins; sauté 5 minutes.
3. Add celery and cook 2 more minutes.
4. Combine seasoning and flour and blend in.
5. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and stir until thickened.
6. Simmer 2-3 minutes stirring all the time.
7. Fold in chicken, mix well.
8. Garnish with spring onions.
9. Serve on a bed of brown rice with apple chutney and fresh cucumber salad.